Thursday, February 26, 2009

How it began.....

How it began….
Rocky-
Early December 2008 Rocky’s mom gave him a paper with a number on and a name and said, “You need to ask this girl out on a date”. I said, “Sure thing, Ma”. And threw the paper with the name Jenilee on it on my desk and forgot it for 2 weeks.
The week before Christmas I decided to give her a call. I called Jenilee and asked her out. She said No. (No I didn’t) She said she had to hang out with her sister (I did) Feeling slightly destroyed I threw the paper out my truck window and vowed never to let mom try to set me up again (damaged ego).

Jenilee-
I was living with my mom and dad and had been going to their ward. I was put in the primary teaching 4 and 5 year olds and was very nervous. Sitting in opening exercises a cute lady in front of me turned and said, “You’re cute. Are you married?” I replied, “No”. Normally you see the person flinch because being as old as I am and not married is not common. She smiled big and said, “Perfect! I want you to meet my son”. I was totally shocked that she had a son that was old enough for me to date since she looks so young. I agree that she could have her son call me.
Weeks went by and I had forgotten about it. I got a call and I was surprised. Rocky had asked me to go on a date with him. I told him that I had plans with my sister, Krissy, which I did, and didn’t know when we would be done. I told him I would call him back and let him know. But I didn’t know if I would or not. I was nervous I hadn’t dated in awhile and was scared. My dad and mom told me I was rude to not agree to go on the date and that hanging out with Krissy was not a priority. I called him back and agreed. I’m so glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment